Wednesday, April 4, 2012

BE PREPARED


I believe that is the Boy Scout motto.
It is a good motto for all of us.

As I reflect through this Holy Week, I think of that motto often.
Am I prepared to take the next step with God's son . . . as time speeds faster toward Maundy Thursday and Good Friday?

Am I truly preparing my surroundings . . .
and myself . . .
for the Tridium?
Tridium . . .
three of the most holy days of the Christian calendar.
Just as the Jewish people begin counting the days of the Passover at sundown Friday this year,
we begin counting our three most holy days at sundown Thursday.

In order to remain totally focused on what God wants to show me during those days of enveloping myself in His presence during the tridium,
I need to
whirl and swirl through . . .
what I think are important chores . . .
in order to remain focused on a very special time.

I need to be prepared for whatever may touch my spirit . . .
whatever might move me into a closer walk with Christ.

How do I prepare?
Let me count the ways . . .
I'll finish my study in James that was to be completed by now anyway.
I will read my lessons on the book of Acts so I feel ready when I teach next week.
I will continue writing three words of gratitude daily so that I do not fall behind in my goal of 1000 gifts of gratitude by the end of this year.
I will wash clothes,
    prepare a few foods to have on hand,
          clean the house as best I can,
make sure odds and ends are in order and then . . .
and then . . .
Tomorrow . . .
 I will linger  . . .
I will pray  . . .
I will focus on Jesus' last Passover celebration.
I will wash feet at church.
I will celebrate the passover feast one last time this week.
I will remain open to God's leading.
I will breathe deeply.
I will drink in the beauty of my surroundings.
I will feel the pain that Jesus felt, knowing fully what was ahead of him.
I will simply BE.

I will BE prepared.
I will be PREPARED . . .  as best I can.



No comments:

Post a Comment