Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Another Day

Now that all the hoopla is over, its just another day.
Yet, something seems new.
Perhaps it is new resolve.

I am determined to expand my horizons.  So, I created another blog that will post more of my 'wonderings' that spur me to teach others.
I'll post notes, questions, my personal insights and wonder out loud as I study.
Just go to: wonderingswithgail.blogspot.com

And then there is the chore of tucking away Christmas.
We keep the manger up through Epiphany to celebrate the 'aha' experience of the Wise Men when they found the Christ child in Bethlehem.  We take the entire year to walk with Jesus through His 'seasons' of life as we embrace each season of the liturgical year.
Grandpa A.J. brought this home with him when he returned
from Germany after WWII.  It is not fancy but has so
many memories.  We put Jesus in the crib on Christmas Day.
The Wise Men technically do not arrive until January 6,
so they should be out of sight.  I wanted them in the picture.

I go through the house picking up 'memories' that we pull out each year. Some trinkets are generations old and not worth much but we love 'em.

The tree comes down tomorrow.  Everything comes into
this room and gets carefully packed in plastic containers
for next year.  It takes longer to pack it than to unpack next year.

The Advent candles went here.  The space filled quickly.
The red peppers are drying nicely and the dried apples
are ready to eat.  Yum!
In the mean time, I need to get digital.
The Christmas card list was greatly revised as many friends sent new addresses.  I made labels for next year so I just might get our annual letter out on time.  We can always hope.

There is always a card or two that goes out late.
I think I will do better next year.

And then there is the box!  So small yet holds so much!

We tuck this little box into a corner of our hutch and no one knows
the treasure that lies inside.  Years of amended notes on index cards,
torn pieces of paper, stickers and calling cards.  

I finally transfered all the information from my card file of addresses to the computer.  I am trying to be more computer-organized but I still linger longer than I should with pen and paper.   I will always love the feel of paper and the whimsey that comes out of my pen.

Some of these cards are more than thirty years old!
Everything is now on the computer ... and backed up!
Two blog sites may take more time than I choose to give.
We will see what happens.                   I had better be ORGANIZED!
Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment