Friday, January 6, 2012

It's Epiphany!

Epiphany
A new beginning.
A new insight ... seeing ... an ahaaaaaa experience.
We begin celebrating the Christmas season on the Eve of Christmas.
Epiphany is suppose to end the season . . . but how can we 'end' a new beginning?

Although we have seen this before,
Epiphany is the day we celebrate the arrival of the magi.


I don't want the season to end so I linger at the Creche and wonder about the story of the magi.  My other blog goes into detail as I recall the story.

 Every year I gain greater insights into God's new beginning for us.
God's sacrifice for us seems to loom brighter on my radar.  Perhaps it's because I just became a year older that I linger longer with my thoughts.

New beginnings, new insights, new thoughts . . . a perfect time of year to seek to understand more, chew on more, experience 'aha' moments.

I take a moment to enjoy some points of beauty . . .

My eyes grab this quilt at a show so I took a picture.
The bright color and wild movement captures my imagination.






My eyes move from bright color and 'controlled chaos' to the stark simplicity of white on white.  Nice.


This bonsai at the botanical garden caught my fancy.
These tiny sprouts look like a forest!
New insight: I could garden in the winter even if it is a mini-project.


Ahhhhh.  My eyes settle on a nice combination of light and dark.  I wonder if that is Lupine in the back of those Narcissus?

We have been smelling Paper Whites at home for the past week or so.
We saw ... and smelled ... dozens of these at the botanical garden.
A JOY to the senses.

Now I wait . . .  patiently . . . for just a little snow.  I might be crazy but I love to watch new patterns as the flakes settle, pile up and drift among the cat tails.  This is from last year.  Maybe I will make a print and put it on my mantel.

Snow creates a sense of wilderness in a very small space.

No comments:

Post a Comment