Monday, January 16, 2012

All roads lead to . . .

I have been walking a crazy road lately.
 I move one direction and then I am pulled in another.
Actually, I love the challenges of quick change.
 I don't mind changing direction on a dime.
 It makes life interesting.
This crazy road I am on is not stressful but feels like this quilt looks.

              
                   I saw this at a quilt show and fell in love with it   
                 The bumpy road seems to 'topple' all the homes ...
                            except the last building.
I was at a quilt show and lingered at this quilt for a very long time.  The colors popped.  The whimsy, the movement and the silliness kept me riveted.  Yet, it took my eyes a long time to get to the end of the road.  What a story I see!

Even if I don't mind a bumpy road, it might become a bit exhausting if I remained on it too long.  If I look for a focal point, I can endure the bumps more easily.  I look as far ahead as I can . . .  which may be no more than a day.  Then I find a goal, a purpose, a reason to be on that road.  Sometimes I can see a hint of the end-game.  Most of the time I simply have to trust the path and keep moving until a smoother section appears. 

This quilt says it all.  There is one place that seems stable, unaffected by the bumps and rolls of life and a final destination for many.  I chuckle as I see all the cars jumbled together at a house of faith.  This particular place looks balanced and unaltered by the bumpy road.  This quilt tells me that one's faith  provides a stable place in the bumpy road of life.

One small quilt says more than I could ever write.
Here are a few more pictures of challenging paths.  A friend sent me these pictures with no captions, no credits, no photographer stated.   Perhaps they were collected from various places in the internet.
They tell a wonderful story.

 Rickety, uneven, hard to navigate.
What a fun challenge.  

A beautiful structure.
It looks like a challenge to navigate.
I would not want to be on that little blue bus.










No comments:

Post a Comment