Friday, December 9, 2011

O Christmas Tree!

O
Christmas
Tree, O Christmas
Tree ... OK, so this is totally
 tacky. That's where I am right now.
Too many other things going on to put up a tree, yet.
So, I found this tree I bought from a friend and stashed in the
 corner of our little den last summer.  I carefully unwrapped my 'stained glass'
 angel that my sister gave to me umpteen years ago.  I keep it in a safe place,
away from the other decorations because it already has a broken hand
that I
 taped 
together.  

A 'Peanuts' Tree?

I love the ball hanging from it.
A local glass blower was selling them
at our 'Ladies Night' at the hardware store.
I just could not resist.
It's actually blue and when the sun
is out it glistens.

We helped set up and lingered at a bazaar at the small church in our neighborhood that got flooded in September. (See  Sept. blog, Two Little Churches.  This is the white one.)   Tony was a huge help as there were so few 'able bodied' workers to move furniture to make room for tables of food, poinsettias and all sorts of sweet things for sale.

I bought the cute sugar cookies that are sitting on top of
some of the eleven dozen Ginger Krinkles I baked.

 I picked up cookies and some delicious soup the next day when I was going from bazaar to bazaar.  It was the day for Bazaars!  This was also the day I picked up the little church that you saw in my previous blog.

The next day, Sunday, was the big day at our church about thirty minutes drive from where we live.  (See Sept. blog, Two Little Churches, the brown church.) This historic town opens several of its homes for a Christmas Tour each year.  Our little church invites sightseers to join us for worship before the festivities begin.

We open our church for people to worship, relax, eat a good meal and then shop at our 'Sweet Shoppe' for lots of goodies.  That's why I baked eleven dozen cookies.  That was nothing compared to the 30 pounds of Peanut Butter Fudge that sold out within a few hours!  We made lots of good money that will be donated to the local food bank and help pay for our electrical wiring and windows that were newly installed . . . thirty years after they were deemed 'hazardous'.
 The church is getting fixed and the people are growing spiritually.
 It's a nice feeling to see what God is doing in our midst.






No comments:

Post a Comment