Wednesday, July 4, 2012

JULY 4TH

We say, "July 4th" and every citizen of the United States of America knows exactly what this means.
We celebrate with flags and parades and fireworks and picnics.
Day Lilies bursting like fireworks!
Notice the 'flag' look of the shaded shingles.

We linger in the wonder of it all.
Our independence has been and continues to be hard fought.
Daily we pray for our troops and those protecting us in our towns, cities, within this country and abroad.
We are so blessed with dedicated people who work hard in varied capacities to allow us the luxury of taking this day off to celebrate our freedom.
Yet, freedom is never free, is it.
My flag wall
I am so in love with this country and what it has offered me and those I love that I celebrate all year long.  In fact, when I went to my file to find a picture of a flag, I could only find what reminds me of flags.
I have the 'flag-look' all over the house and garden.
Some shots you have seen before.
No high flying flags . . .  but you get the idea.
I'm proud to be an American and to live in this land of the free.
Address card holder.  Although we have everything
on the computer, I still enjoy my 'paper trail.'

My girlfriend made this pot holder that sits on
my counter, ready for hot things . . . like my
morning tea.





Fun flag in the garden.

A flower arrangement that is over twenty years
old sits on a table at my dad's home.  His wife
loved red, white and blue too.

My neighbor made this flag.
My worn out chair that
I so love.
Stars and Stripes

My summer arrangement for the front door.



I saw this design at a museum and tried to
re-created it.  Look closely.
WELCOME! lingers within the stars and stripes.


Uncle Sam 'nods' back and forth
when I give him a slight push.

Gussy up a plain white chair with a little flag.
Why not!
The slip of canvas easily comes off
when I choose.


My sister gave this to me years ago.
I move it around to fill an empty spot.

Just enough room on top of tall book cases
for a patriotic theme.

Stars and Uncle Sam linger on top of another book case.


My all time favorite print . . .  Jasper Johns




HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!

No comments:

Post a Comment