Wednesday, March 14, 2012

My EYES of March

March is soft this year.  
No snow.
Plenty of time for green to show up in the most wonderful places.  
I drink in new vistas as we go about our daily business.
My eyes march forth to grasp green, blue, shades of gray and bright red.
I find little time to write in this space right now.
 I am doing so much other writing.
So, I simply look, 
click the camera,
 admire,
 breathe the fresh air
 and let my eyes
enjoy March.

An old boat house and abandoned cottage.
I love the colors of stone and the tiny loft windows. I love the oldness of it all.


This is a familiar picture as it is the 'signature' picture for my blog.
I thought I would let you know a little more about it since it is my favorite picture of all time.  It's from a church in a popular sea-side town.  It is also on my computer 'desk top' so am able to enjoy it daily.

This side of a very old church looks so worn
just before it is to receive a new coat of paint.
White becomes a pale sea-green and blue becomes crisp white.
I learned this when I walked around to the back


A peek at the world from the garden.
The 'lace fan' draws my eye upward.
The heavy iron gate, softened by sturdy ferns,
 opens into a world of water.

A dead fern clutches to a worn box.
It is still in use and oh so practical.
I love red, so beautiful with green.
 I give these surprisingly warm and sunny days a chance to renew my dormant body.  I am sure rain will come.  But, for now, my 'eyes of March' linger on such delights as these.

No comments:

Post a Comment