Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A lovely end to November

It's the last day of November.  What a month!
We transitioned from the snowy end of a cold October to a spring-like November.  It was a nice interlude before the cold winds of winter sweep in.
         We truly gave THANKS for God's balmy days this past month.
  I wore my skirts and flip flops more days than my clogs and jeans.

This warm reprieve offered us the opportunity to stop and take note of sights we pass almost daily.  
This covered bridge was actually flooded in September
 and had a snowy entrance in October. It's nearly in our
back yard and leads to a lovely park.
Imagine driving by and the barn door suddenly flies open!
I could not help but stop the car and see what was inside.
Look carefully.  What do you see?

Ahhhhh, the smell.  Musty yet so much a part of these peoples' lives.
I wonder how long it took to pick, bind and hang this by hand.
A labor of love.  Part of me wants this lovely leaf to remain in the barn forever.
I know what it does to the lungs when inhaled.

These two barn doors belong to two different openings.
This one opened suddenly so I clicked away.
Note the old tractor with iron  wheels.
It's as if they live in another century. 

This barn door suddenly opened wide.
I took a quick shot.
This machine looked fascinating.
I have no clue what it does but it does look old.

The sun glistens on this tobacco for just a moment
before the clouds roll back in.


What fun I am having.  I am still outside
 as my camera sneaks into this quiet place.
Not a sole is around.  I could only hear the breeze behind me.

I took this last shot before all the barn doors
closed.  It was as if I was given a moment
to explore another era.  And then, before I could linger longer,
all the doors slammed shut and I was back in the 21st century.
 What a delightful end to Fall.


No comments:

Post a Comment