Thursday, November 10, 2011

11 - 11 - 11 Veterans Day!

Another historical day . . .   11-11-11   . . .   If you think about it, there are only 12 years at the beginning of each century that we can see the 'same' numbers for month/day/year.

It's a great day to remember our Veterans.
We cannot give them enough thanks for all they have done to keep us safe and protect our democracy.  We support our heros who have come home injured as we contribute to "Wounded Warriors" but I wish I could do more.

 I guess my love for flags makes a statement that we care about our country and those who protect it.  There are a few of us who put the flag out each day.      Most are older veterans in our community who are proud of their service in the Armed Forces . . .   here and abroad.
I try to get this out early each morning when it is not raining.



Pieces of wood nailed together and painted.  Add a few stars and it becomes a flag.
Here are a few flags  placed around our yard.

 




I love this flag as people can see it from a great distance in spite of foliage.



Red, White and Blue Petunias deserve to fly the flag.             


As you can see ... I am very proud of our flag.
There is one on the bench that is about to be added.
Any painting that has a flag catches my eye.
 Again, thanks to all veterans.  Because of you our nation is blessed with countless freedoms.  

No comments:

Post a Comment