Thursday, July 31, 2014

EASY LIVING

Lazy days.
Cool mornings.
Lingering outside.
It all sounds so good for summer.
But wait.
I need to:
                Pull weeds,
                Paint stressed wood,
                Repair broken places,
                Clean windows,
Squeeze in work and meetings and obligations.

When do I make time to linger through these lazy days?

Ahhhhh, it is so good to MAKE time to weed and paint and repair and clean.
That's what summer is all about.

Living seems easier when I can wear less, move freely inside and out and linger a little longer as the daylight allows.

Four extra hours each day allows me to squeeze in a few more fun moments.

So, I weed and read a good book.
I paint and pick my roses and herbs.
Repairs eventually get completed.

Cleaning windows is easier when I can open them fully and hang out a bit in spite of a bug or two
that might whiz past me.

It's summer, and the liven is so much easier without snow and cold and icicles and freezing temperatures.

Summer.
Sun.
Heat.
Bare feet.
T-shirt.
Shorts.
Flip flops!

Easy living is an attitude.

There will always be work and chores and never enough time . . . summer or winter.
But there is something about summer which enables my attitude to soar.
I don't whirl around getting things done.

I swirl more slowly . . . intentionally . . . sometimes even enjoying those pearls of moisture dripping from every pore.

I have an attitude of gratitude for the freedom to live easy this summer.
Nice.






No comments:

Post a Comment