Wednesday, June 26, 2013

RANDOM SHOTS

I tried to capture the light coming through this translucent dome.
I got dizzy enjoying the moment.

Sometimes I just don't have words to share.
A picture does tell the story so much better.

Some days I simply get in the car and drive to the next town - just minutes away.
Or we take a day trip and make new discoveries.

All I have is a tiny pocket digital camera.
I have been encouraged to get one of those really nice digital cameras with the removable lens.
Then I wonder if I really am serious about taking good shots.

I'd rather take random shots and hope they are not too fuzzy.
I'd rather linger at a place or sight I love and drink it into my heart than work a camera.

And so I simply click and hope all turns out well.

Thus, I give you a very few of my favorite RANDOM SHOTS .

I watched the ducks socialize at a local spring.
This old structure sits in the middle of a lovely park.


This is one of the original buildings of a
boarding school not too far from us in Lititz.
The church is on the second floor.

These historic homes are across the street from the
girls' day and boarding school.
New architecture nearby is made to look old so the
entire town is a lingering delight.

I had a meeting at this old church in a tiny town
that is no more than two blocks long and wide.
It is not hard to find stained glass windows like
this in the tiny churches that dot the state.

I thought I had captured the giraffe that holds the dial.
I found this at a garage sale for $1 and laid it in my
broken birdbath that no longer is able to hold water.

I poke my head into all sorts of places.
 I love this doorway to a tiny backyard space
which lies between the Linden Hall dorms.

I have never seen a Coptic church until we visited Annville, a tiny
town not too far from us.  The artwork on the outside
is magnificent.  What a treat for those passing by.

I was on my way to get my hair cut and just had to stop.
The Amish farmer hung his tobacco to dry.
The barn doors were swinging open and shut with the wind.
I clicked away until the wind slammed the doors shut.

We finally visited our PA state capital.  The inside was more
majestic than the outside.  Yet, it was a delight to drink in
the magnificent architecture of a bygone era.  Gracious
steps on either side lend themselves to much pomp and
pageantry that may have appeared a century ago.

The Ephreta 'cloister' house was created for strong monastics -
men and women.  Each had a 'cell' and the central
meeting area was in the attached building.

This old mill house is the only building left in the midst
of new apartments and a shopping center.
Sitting on a small pond, it drew me into a quiet place.

I love homes with gambrel roofs.  This was actually about
one block from the sea in Cape May, which I adore.
We don't get there often enough.

This fascinates me.  Doesn't it look like two separate homes
linked together by a separate building?  I have dreamed of
a house like this so that a mom or dad could come live
with the family.  We just have dad now and he is very
content in his own digs in another state.

So I say farewell to another time of lingering with 'random shots.'
Perhaps I'll do this again.
It brought back wonderful memories.
Isn't that what it's all about anyway?
Random Shots make memories.



No comments:

Post a Comment