Thursday, April 18, 2013

TOO LONG

I love this clock with hebrew numbers.
Time never seems to long when I read
it in Hebrew.
I wonder.
It it too long between posts?
Does anyone really see what I write?
Are my journey-notes too lengthy?
Why are so many interested in my Daily Graces blog but so few look at the other blog sites?

I love the old adage, "It's not for me to wonder why but it is for me to do or die."
I think I have repeated this saying for years too long to count.
But it's true.

I'm suppose to do what I do when I do it.
And that's that.
If notes are too long . . .
Or, if it is too long between notes . . .
that's OK.

I read this before we began our long
trips.  My brother, the writer, makes
some long, hard trips seem so short
and easy.  I laughed for a long time!
You can find it on Amazon.com
You'll love it even if you know
nothing about the Lotus cars.
The blog is mostly for me, to express myself.
If someone wants to come along and read it, that is nice.
It's not bad to have a conversation with oneself.

I have been helping out a church a L  O  N  G  way from here.
With stops it takes about four hours each way.
That is a Looooooooong drive compared to our usual weekly route.

We wind up hills and down into lush valleys.
We see cows lingering and sheep grazing.
We silently slip through one tunnel and the next almost immediately.
Just a few miles down the road there is another tunnel.

The roads are good and traffic is minimal at the time we choose to travel.
So far the drive has not felt  'too long.'
So far, it is just right.

That's why, when I said, 'yes' to the one who called, it felt right.
These are NOT the tunnels we went
through but we saw one that was
a long way off the beaten path.
We wanted to explore a part of the state we had not yet seen.
We wanted to help folks who were in need for just a month or two.

We have renewed energy with limited expectations.
Yet, we have been pleasantly surprised by those who received us.
God's grace is flowing through us and through them and our time with them never seems long enough.

Maybe that is what God wants us to know.
When we follow His direction and say "yes" when God guides to do so, 'longness' does not matter.
If God is leading, the adventure is never too long.
It's always just right.

   I pray it is not 'too long' before I make more blog-notes.










This is one of many farms we passed as Spring peaks through soggy dirt.  We have so much open land dotting the long distances between towns.  That's why the highway is sometimes the only road we see for long distances.

No comments:

Post a Comment