Tuesday, January 15, 2013

WHATEVER

Whatever ...
Is this what our language, our sense of expression, our articulation of feelings is coming to?
Whatever?
Listen to the tone of voice when this word is expressed.
It begins with a lofty higher note and then our voice drops into oblivion.      Whatever
Is that what our spirit is saying?
Begin on a high note and then simply give up?
Whatever . . .

Perhaps this word is a new way to represent the feeling that, 'I will go along to get along.'
I will simply add my personal insight and when I meet with a roadblock I will go hide in a corner.
Whatever . . .

I love this sprinkle of sun on crisp snow.
Lately I have been waking up to a bit of sunshine piercing through the crack in the bedroom curtain.
That means the days are getting longer.
I actually see light!
Yet, almost as soon as that tiny spark of golden-yellow meets my eyes, it is gone.
Whatever ...
As soon as my spirit lifts in delight in hopes that the day will be sunny all day, the lingering clouds float past any hope of sparkle.
My high hope plunges downward as fast as the gray sets in.
Another gray day.
Whatever ...
This might be a gray day but only in winter can I see all
the buildings of our neighbor's farm.  It is like a
Currier and Ives painting that comes alive.

I give in.
I go to my corner.
I linger into nothingness . . . for a moment.
And then . . .
      And then . . .
              Hope springs eternal . . .
                     Whatever . . .  turns into determination.
I am determined to make this day come alive . . .  sparkle . . . become a memory that lingers in my heart.
How do I do that?
Choice
Determination
Perseverance

I CHOOSE to overcome these cloudy days by pure will power.
I consciously evaluate my choices.
I can either remain paralyzed by the gray and cold or I can rise above my physical and emotional discomfort.
I choose to look on the bright side of things.
I choose to not disintegrate into tiny pieces just because the weather does not meet my desires.

I become DETERMINED to maintain that 'upward' tone rather than linger in the lower depths of my negative attitude.
I become determined to change my voice.
I am determined to change 'whatever' into curiosity, into a high note of my day.

I CHOOSE to be DETERMINED to PERSEVERE . . . with a positive attitude . . . no matter how many gloomy days greet me shortly after waking each morning.

I will persevere in changing 'whatever' into 'what' . . .  into curiosity . . . forever.
What is my day going to look like?
What might I learn today?
What ways can I ever be of greater help to others today?
What ever are the possibilities if I ask for God's help in leading me each day?

My 'winter' garden, safely growing inside.
With God's help, how could my voice ever drop into oblivion?
How could I hide in a corner and mope?

A voice within me murmurs, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. . . "
That voice sounds positive.
That voice ends the sentence strong and does not allow my sense of well-being to hide in a corner.
That voice is God working in and through me as I remember His Word.
How could I possibly not resist singing high notes when I know God is with me throughout each day?



My hubby loves to play tunes
to old hymns on a gray day.
How could I not linger a little longer with a positive song on a cloudy, cold day?
God helps me choose.
God helps me remain determined.
Read Ann Voskamp's book, One Thousand Gifts
 to learn about giving THANKS to God daily
Also go to her blog: aholyexperience.com
God helps me persevere until I can return to digging in the dirt.


WHATEVER I do I will give thanks to God.
That's why I write out at least three graces, three thanks each day.
 See my blog: dailygracesfromgod.blogspot.com
Instead of saying, 'whatever', I choose to give 'thanks forever' for the graces I receive each day.





No comments:

Post a Comment