Friday, August 10, 2012

FRESH PRODUCE

It's that time of year.
 Every morning I go out to my little garden by the side of the garage.
Tiny tomatoes are ripe and ready to pick.
 Summer squash is growing profusely.
Chives, thyme, basil, curry, cilantro, sweet peppers and all sorts of lavender grow in my little herb garden.
Oh JOY!

I cut or pick a little something each day.
So fun.  If I let the green sweet peppers
remain for awhile, they will turn red.
Fresh Produce for my Italian husband.
I am in love with fresh produce.  What we don't grow we purchase from our local farm.
 Fresh picked peaches, plums and nectarines, celery, cucumbers, beans, lettuce and so much more is there for the taking.
 Any price is worth fresh, healthy produce this time of year.

It has been years since we were able to purchase so much from farmers.
 We've lived in large cities most of our life.
We have always had access to some produce that came from local farmers but I never saw so much as we have here.


I took this shot a week ago.  The corn looks
ready to me. Picking may begin in another
week or two.  It's still pretty rainy.
Corn is coming in soon.
 It's still growing and truly is as high as an elephant's eye ( I love that song from Oklahoma).
Potatoes too.
 Although we did learn to purchase potatoes in small amounts.
Some farmers seem to douse their fields in so much manure that it really does affect the taste of the produce.
 One farmer's potatoes were so bitter that we gave the huge bag away after tasting one.

Oh yes, that wonderful smell seems to grab the early morning dew and hang on until the sun burns it off at about 11 each morning.
I'm getting use to the stinky mornings because I so love to sit on my porch and watch the birds eat their breakfast while I eat mine.


  Mornings are the best time of summer.
  It's still a bit cool.
  Fresh produce 'speaks' to me and seems to say, "pick me, pick me."
  Garden work comes before my time on the porch.
   I work before I linger awhile.

I have the same breakfast every morning.
I then linger with my special breakfast tray and read or simply sit and ponder God's blessings.  Something always speaks to me so I write it in my journal.
God gives me 'fresh produce' every day.

Another favorite form of 'fresh produce' is my summer clothing.  Fresh Produce [ http://freshproduceclothes.com/clothes/just-arrived ] is a small company that makes all of it's clothing out of pure cotton.
 No spandex.
Just Cotton.
 It breathes!
They make the cutest T-shirts, skirts, shorts and pants and throw-on dresses.

They were the only clothes I could wear when we lived in the Florida tropics ... way south.

I just grab and go.  Easy to wear, easy to wash.
These clothes are all I wear up here, especially in the garden.
 I wear my 'Fresh Produce' while collecting the same.
I have found nothing else as  fabulously cute and cool.

So, one might say that I wear it, pick it, and meditate on it daily.
Fresh Produce.


This is almost my entire wardrobe
for summer so it's not too hard
to pick and choose.
One can't beat it.

This is my best pick of the day.

Today's pick!
It seems endless.










What kind of fresh produce do you have?

No comments:

Post a Comment