Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A linger longer

This is my first 'linger longer' that I share on this blog.  It seems odd to post my inner thoughts to the whole wide world.  Yet, isn't it nice to know that someone out there might have the same thoughts.  God is always in the center, drawing us into new vistas.  I choose to take more time to see what is before me ... to drink in God's glory ... shown to me through what I see, God's words, creative thought and very simple wonderings.


I sit here on my back porch and wonder.  What makes my rose bushes bloom all summer, through the most intense heat?  The watermelon color shimmers as the delicate blooms withstand wind gusts and blazing sun.  They seem more like pieces of delicate paper ... yet ... they pop up and and linger for the longest time.
Then a new batch seems to flourish.  It doesn't end.  God is so creative.  The white roses mingle with the yellows ones.  The many shades of red dotted against as many shades of green invite me to linger in the garden for hours.  "Take the foliage of beautiful trees ... and rejoice before the Lord your God... " Lev. 23:40