Tuesday, January 30, 2018

JANUARY JUMBLE LINGERS LONGER

IT'S JANUARY 2018
I have not written on this blog for a year as I focused on my other blog, dailygracesfromgod.blogspot.com 

This year I begin with fresh focus and determination to LINGER A LITTLE LONGER on this blog as I expand upon a thought from my Daily Graces blog.


I think of my brother often, as I did when he was alive.
His passion for black and white photography resonated through his later years of activity.
He taught a special type of photo-processing in Italy and practiced it at his Santa Fe studio.
His collection is expansive and is far more articulate than this photo.
Yet, I fell in love with it.
I treasure this small card he sent me several years ago as I linger over each grave marker.
Beauty in simplicity.
A life well lived.
Memories left behind.
Although overgrown and unkempt, the church yard is filled with stories known by those touched by that life.
My brother is now resting in a pristine place, well kept, seen daily from the roadside.
Yet, I sometimes wish I could carve a crude marker, like the ones above, that tells his story.
Each of us who knew him, have our own tales to tell.
His photography is his legacy . . . now presented for all to see as they wander through the hallways of the Santa Fe government building we were honored to visit.
I smile.
Nice legacy.
It's nice to know that my brother's story continues to be shared with so many.



No comments:

Post a Comment